5-INGREDIENT WHITE QUESO
Hello, my friends! I am sharing some insanely easy, delicious white queso with y’all today! I was coerced into bringing queso to work by my colleagues, and I figured why not blog the recipe while I was at it? They requested restaurant style cheesy dip, and that’s what I tried to accomplish here! This 5-ingredient wonder is so simple to make, and the best part? NO Velveeta! To each his own, but I just can’t stomach that stuff. Anything that is half chemicals and is somehow shelf stable cheese “product” should probably not be consumed. But I digress. Queso! Made with real food! Let’s do it.
So, since we’re not using “fake” cheese in this, I had to find a way to make the dip creamy and smooth and rich, and make it taste just like traditional queso. So you need pepperjack cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, and a can of diced tomatoes & green chilies. So easy! I just threw everything in my slow cooker, turned it onto low, and let it do its thing until everything was melted down into smooth cheesy heaven. You can definitely do this on the stovetop, too!
I find it so funny that queso is one of those things that everyone seems to love, and it’s a must at any Tex-Mex restaurant, but I don’t think most people realize how ridiculously easy it is to make at home! Seriously just throw all the ingredients into your crockpot or on a pot on the stove, let it melt down, and well… that’s pretty much it. Just dip away! We ate these on top of traditional tortilla chips of course, but we happened to get burgers and fries for lunch, and well, what do you know. We may or may not have made queso fries and queso burgers, too. Oops. Sorry not sorry. Once you make this, you’ll pretty much find any excuse to put it on anything, too! 😉
- 1 lb pepperjack cheese
- 8 oz full-fat cream cheese
- 8 oz full-fat sour cream
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes & green chilies, drained
- *NOTE: I have gotten mixed feedback about using low-fat substitutions so use full-fat dairy for best results!*
- In a slow-cooker or medium pot, combine the cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, Rotel, and about half of the milk.
- Turn heat onto low, and let the mixture heat until the cheeses melt and a smooth cream forms, stirring occasionally. Add more milk as needed.
- Once melted, serve immediately, or transfer to a slow cooker with a “warm” setting to keep dip warm and melted. Enjoy!